Monday, November 30, 2009

3-1


Following the prompt in the assignment description this weeks post is about the iPhone or about the ensuing battle for smart phone king between the iPhone and the new offering from Verizon Wireless The Droid. I chose to write about this because I am the new proud owner of said iPhone, and to my dismay one of my friends recently purchased a Droid and over the past week or so we have been at odds over which device is better.

We live in a culture that has technology engrained into it. We depend on it daily, and without things like cell phones and internet access many of us would not be able to complete the most basic of tasks. It is certainly a generational thing but we also have become accustomed to being constantly connected to our friends and peers using these technologies. With ample products available ready to meet these needs, in my mind two devices stand out as leader of the pack; the iPhone and The Droid. Obviously my opinion will be slanted but it’s my blog so I reserve the right to be biased and opinionated. The marketing for the Droid seems to be focused on all of the things the iPhone cannot do the problem I have with this tactic is this; I haven’t found myself trying to do something on the device and not being able to. Phone calls check, email check, music check, text check, check, check, check etc. etc.

Really in all actuality the devices do the same things and the only “real” problem I have with this debate is why I even care. Seriously! It’s just a phone and ownership of one or the other does not determine greatness as a person. But you have to pick a side in these matters and I have chosen my allegiance; at least for the next two years.

No comments:

Post a Comment