


When I was growing up without a doubt one off the most iconic people I can remember was Michael Jordan. I followed him and his career like no other. I watched every game, I was a devoted Chicago Bulls fan, and it seemed like we won and lost together Michael and I. To me he represented the embodiment of a champion and someone who was untouchable in their field.
Another person who I admired later on in life was Kurt Cobain. For one I really liked his music, and I always found it interesting how he seemed to not care…about anything. Something about that attitude drew me in as an adolescent and like many teenagers at that time I was a devout Cobain fan. He had this anti-establishment attitude and loud dark music that became the soundtrack fro a generation. The most tragic part about his existence is that he never wanted to be famous and ultimately became one of the largest music icons ever.
Around high school I became interested in art and one of the reasons for that was my introduction to an Artist named Basquiat. His work was not what I normally associated with when I heard the word “art”. Through books, movies and interviews I became more connected to the artist than the art itself and I really appreciated his rise to the top of his field.
No comments:
Post a Comment