Saturday, December 5, 2009

4-1


This is a topic that I don’t necessarily feel qualified to write about, but something is bothering me. On a recent shopping trip with my girlfriend I made an observation. In the several stores we went into some of the clerks and also customers were wearing glasses. I know what you’re thinking….”What you have got to be kidding me. GLASSES? Trust me I have no qualms with people wearing glasses; I do however take issue with people wearing fake glasses. These glasses I saw many people wearing I am convinced served no purpose other than aesthetic. Now I may never know for sure whether or not these people were visually impaired or not but my girlfriend showed me a display of various eyewear that were all fake, which leads me to believe that people buy them. So here’s where I am confused; don’t people who actually need glasses wear contacts so they don’t have to actually wear glasses? So why is it that people who were fortunate enough to be born with 20/20 vision put on huge, fake thick framed bifocals? What a fad! I can’t wait for this trend to reach the next level when people that don’t need to, start wearing contact lenses that do nothing, or better yet contact lenses that impair your vision so that you actually need a prescription from an optometrist. Ridiculous! What’s next fake casts, to feign injured bones. Imagine the customization on those. “Oh that broken arm really goes with those shoes”. PUUHHLEASE! If this is what’s hip, I want no part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment